Job BasicsIndustry Sector: Hunting/Outdoor
Job Categories: Retail - Sales
Company Type: HardGoods/Equipment
Country: United States
Required Experience: 1 year
Job Type: Full Time
Required to Travel: January and February to Trade Shows
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job Seeker Must Live Within: 25 miles
Job Description & Requirements:
We are looking for an individual who is passionate about Hunting and knowledgeable about the pursuit of game and equipment used for the sport. We are a local hunting shop that has spent years helping hunters in our community get the right gear set for the mission. Hunting season is coming up, and we need someone who can help us get our clients in the right gear for their upcoming hunts.
Previous work history in this industry is a bonus, but not necessary. Experience in the backcountry using the gear is a must-have. Our customers trust our opinion on what gear they should have with them for everything from a local day hunt for Pronghorn to a weeks long expedition chasing Bighorn in British Columbia. Our knowledge base is what gives us a leg up on our competition.
If hunting is your passion and working with a great crew to help an adventurous, hardcore customer base sounds like something you might enjoy, then this is the place for you.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Ability to work 5 days a week falling between Monday-Saturday
- Your own transportation to and from work
- Must live within reasonable driving distance of the shop
- Must have experience hunting and using hunting/outdoor gear
- Computer Skills to include Microsoft Office and ability to learn Netsuite and Netsuite POS (Prior experience with Netsuite is a huge plus)
- Ability to lift up to 50 Lbs. and help fulfill online orders
- Personable and able to provide a great customer experience
- Desire to gain product knowledge and be able to translate that knowledge into customer education
- Sweet employee discount on any gear we carry!
- End of Year performance bonus (kicks in after trial period)
- 2 weeks paid vacation time (after 1 year of service)
- 401K (after 1 year of service)
- Frequent raises for the dedicated and hardworking employee
About 1 Shot Gear:
1 Shot Gear was founded in 2009 with the vision of helping hunters get into the best gear available, but to get into the right gear for their mission set. While we love to sell gear, we are certainly willing to lose a sale in the interest of educating our customers and preventing them from buying unnecessary gear. We pride ourselves in our product knowledge and being able to pass this along to our clients. This is what separates 1 Shot Gear from the big box stores. We also pride ourselves in only carrying the gear that we trust and use. We are very selective about the gear that makes it to our shelves and will only use or sell the best gear on the market. Some of the gear that we carry includes Sitka, Stone Glacier, Swarovski, Zeiss, Leica, HanWag, Kenetrek, and Lacrosse just to name a few. Our crew is made up of a small band of people that not only know the gear, but get outside and use the gear, and 1 Shot Gear makes sure that the right employee has ample time and resources to do just that. The owner of the shop is also generous enough to bring the crew along for a couple of hunting/fishing trips per year. The crew also gets to meet and interact with some of the biggest names in the hunting/outdoor industry at trade shows and sometimes even right here at the shop!